Battery replacement – MacBook. Choosing the right battery
As you know, MacBook is a premium laptop and as such it is durable and reliable. Unfortunately, battery life has its limits. Just like in all the other devices, also the batteries in Apple products get depleted with time. Would you like to extend the battery life of your MacBook when its battery is already running low? See the criteria you have to remember about while buying a replacement.
In this article you will find out:
- what parameters to look out for when choosing a battery for your MacBook,
- how to use the battery search engine on the Battery Empire website,
- what is special about MacBook batteries available in our online store.
Battery replacement in a MacBook – what to look out for when choosing a new battery?
Original battery or a replacement?
When replacing the battery in your MacBook, you have a choice between buying an original Apple battery and an alternative replacement. The former is a safe investment, while the latter comes at a competitive price. But that’s where you have to be careful, because many products available on the market won’t work with your device. What should you look out for?
The cheapest replacement batteries may cause considerable problems. Since the shape may not exactly match the one of original batteries, there is a risk that the battery may be frequently disconnected. Such a replacement may not be attached properly to the casing and then the operation of the device will be unstable. What is more, such products are often made with cells that have not been undergone the required quality assurance process. As a result, they may even damage your laptop. It’s also good to remember that some manufacturers fail to reproduce the solutions used in original batteries. That’s why a replacement may be much less efficient that the previous battery.
Avoid cheap counterfeit products, but don’t give up on the alternatives to Apple batteries altogether! You can find numerous products by other brands, which are made with utmost care and have the same parameters as the original. The best examples are to be found in Battery Empire. All of them come with at least 12-month warranty period, whereas the warranty covering less efficient products may be up to 3 months only. You can also browse comments of those users who bought specific products. Positive opinions will help you make the right decision and choose the best replacement.
When choosing a new battery, focus on two crucial parameters: voltage and capacity.
- The voltage should correspond to the one of the original battery. It will usually be 10.8 V / 11.1 V or 14.4 V / 14.8 V.
- Capacity is the feature directly related to the time the battery lasts on a single charge. In this case, you don’t have to stick to the default value used by Apple. You can pick a battery with greater capacity and it’s one of the best things about a replacement. This is an easy way to boost the performance of your MacBook. Original batteries only come in a single variant for a specific model.
When choosing a replacement, you need to make sure its shape and connections match your device. Still, this is not something you have to worry about – you can be sure you choose the right product by consulting the label on your MacBook. In Apple laptops the label comes in the form of a code: AXXXX (e.g. A1322, A1495, A1819).
How to find a replacement battery for your Apple laptop in Battery Empire?
The easiest way to go about finding the right replacement for any MacBook model is to use the intuitive search engine on our website. We will take you through the process step by step. Let’s say you need a battery for Apple MacBook Pro 13 Mid 2009. On top of the homepage you will find 3 boxes to fill in:
- In the first one you choose the device type from the drop-down menu: laptop.
- In the second one you find the manufacturer: Apple.
- In the third one you only have to pick the specific model, so in this case it will be MacBook Pro 13 Mid 2009.
- Then you click “Search” and after a moment you will see all the products that go with your laptop. Now you can easily find batteries with the same parameters as the original A1322.
Green Cell A1322 – what makes it a good choice?
The Green Cell battery we presented in the above example is a perfect counterpart of the original A1322. It comes in two variants: 4400 mAh and 63.5 Wh, which means you can find the right capacity to suit your needs. Modern steering electronics will guarantee a trouble-free operation once the battery is placed in your device.
Large capacity means you can work for up to 9.5 hours on a single charge (with proper laptop settings, of course). What is more, high-quality cells used in these batteries will survive as many as 1000 charging cycles, which means at least 2 – 3 years of trouble-free operation.
And it’s only one example of Green Cell batteries. You will find more of them in our online store. Explore the products available at Battery Empire and pick a perfect replacement battery to give your MacBook a second life!
Most viewed entries
- Electric bike charger – what to look out for when choosing one?
- Battery replacement – MacBook. Choosing the right battery
- 7 ways to boost battery life in your ebook reader
- How to start your adventure with an electric bike?
- Flooded keyboard. A few practical tips
- Car battery charger cables. How to choose them?